1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holset H2 turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TurboXstang, May 19, 2005.

1. TurboXstang

I was at the local big truck and auto salvage yard and found a couple Holset turbos on 5.9L's, They both had H2 on the compressor housings and i was able too read one of the model numbers 65126 I'm not sure it that helps any, but are the Holset turbos that have a H2 on them good and what size or sizes are the housings on the turbo and what kind of power are they capable of

2. jmccart

if its an h2c it will make plenty enought to split a stick block

3. TurboXstang

One of them has just a H2 on it and the other two i found have h2c's on them. I can get any one of them for $100.00 (have a friend that works there) and they don't have any shaft play in them. (well one H2c has just a slight bit on the turbine side, very little tho)

4. Fulcrum

Those turbos will flow plenty of air. The compressors are efficient over a huge range(I've seen mated successfully to everythin from Hondas to Chevy Big-Blocks). IIRC the H2 Holsets will remain efficient up to about 24 psi of boost. Be careful though. The wastegates on those are set at about 20 psi. You could probably pull a wastegate off a car with a lower wastegate setting and mod it too fit

I've heard you can get a compressor map if you email www.holset.co.uk. Be sure to send em the part number and the exact year and model vehicle it came off of. There were several different models of those turbos used on Dodge trucks.

BTW, Newer Dodge P/U's come with an either an HX35(manual) or HY35(auto's). These have lower factory wastegate settings(16 psi IIRC) but they remain efficent up to 32 and 29 psi respectively.