1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cam choice

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, Oct 17, 2015.

1. vht

What would make a good turbo cam for a sbc, s475, 383 cu in? Not real sure on heads, thought about a solid roller, but may go with a solid lifter, just hate the break in deal and hoping not to wipe a lobe. I do have a set of 1.6 rockers. Want something that sounds good, pulls to 6500. I'll run a 400 turbo with a converter speced for the combo. would the comp 310-bs-14 be good? 310-320 563 on a 114.

2. turbomalibuwagon

Everything heads included will contribute to cam selection. That being said what s475 do you have? If it's t6 132 you may want to look for a little more normal NA like cam lobe separation I think 110-111-112 kinda numbers with with valve events, exhaust opening at least 100° down or on the cam card nothing more than 80°bbdc. Not more than 60° of overlap.

3. vht

I run up on a 06, 6.0 and decided to go that route. As for the turbo, I was thinking of the 475 VS racing sells, $699. This will be a budget build for now. I would really like twins, but I'll get some advice on cam, turbos and such when I get ready. Going to watch around on here and LS1 tech for some used stuff. Turbo and LS is new to me.

4. M&M Turbochargers

s475 would work good

5. vht

I thought of that. What would really work good is twins. The way I'd like to do the exh, VS racing has a set of forward facing headers. On LS1 tech, Denmah had a pic posted of them and had a slick 90 degree deal the turbos bolted to. V band clamps allowed you to rotate and I could run my pipes down, kinda like a fenderwell header would go. The way they set off from the side would be perfect for what I'm building. Only hard part would be is plumbing the inter cooler, but wouldn't be that bad. I need to see what size turbo I need and see if I can find something that won't break the bank. With the flip front end, there'd be that cool factor also. I also need to find out who sells the 90's also.