1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

calling all 2.3T gurus T5 help!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by tree93, Oct 13, 2004.

1. tree93

so i got around to upgrading the clutch, my bearing retainer is the crappy cast one, so i noticed the transmission is stamped borg-warner, and said what the hell let me replace the already damaged stock one with a steel one?!?......problem is the steel version (ordered from summit is for V8 application and the bearing area was too small for the transmission input shaft(front)!?!?, it did fit in its just the bearing was to small for the steel one, They only sell one kind, now ford racing says the bearing size varied in certain years, im using the T5 in a 2.3T it appears to be from an SVO or similar type. Anyone running a 2.3 run into this kinda problem and/or know how to fix? I havent taken a look to see the ID tag # (lazy), but wonder if anyone knows who sells the correct steel bearing.................:(
    thank you,
    -message still pending approval-;)

2. svooh

call Special Vehicle Products Unlimited (SVPU.com) or go to their website. Paul is his name & he has a ton of SVO's and they know how to do everything on them...Oh wait; they're at the annual SVO club of America reunion this weekend in KY. Check next week.

3. my8950

Rapido has the right stuff, do a search on the net...

4. tree93

I read the topic, my last digits on the transmission are 919, from the looks of it no one makes a steel bearing retainer for it, ive looked at hanlon and they only list the aluminum one for 2.3 have yet to call DnD, i doubt rapido makes such a part but i'll give Russ a call anyways. Thanks for all the help guys

Hey mfpmax, im not too knowledge-able about transmissions but the diameter on this transmission as NWC or WC is the same? the steel bearing retainer i had ordered did bolt up, so what is the function of the input bearing, is it just to hold the shaft in place? my thoughts are that if so then why not use a V8 style (smaller angle) for sure the steel bearing retainer would bolt on......:shrug:

5. mfpmax

I haven't a clue about that subject either...i'm hoping that I can just run across a cheap enough V8 transmission one day.

Run my POS into the ground.

bridal-shoal