1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

306 carb and pistons compression. wth boost

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by lvfast, Oct 22, 2006.

1. lvfast

i have a 306 roller motor forged rods and pistons. ported heads and intake match. 2.02 and 1.94 intake and exhaust. my compression is 9.5:1. (is that to hgih?) i want to run a turbo at about 12-18 pounds. what carb is good to do this with and where in florida can i order one. (compete kit) i am not looking to spend over $4500. thanks for your help

2. Long Island stang

what about your crank and block I would hate to see u use all those forged parts on a cheap crankshaft or a factory block. 9.5:1 is not to high but watch your tune up.(12-18 pounds) as for carbs either build it yourself or go with CSU or C&S carb and thats it. If you choose to build it your self do an search SWT has an exellect thread on how to build blow thru carbs and then u must tune it read as much as u can there are alot of good info on this site and also get yourself a wideband 02 so u won't blow it up. the innovate motorsports wideband 02 is an exellect tuning tool spend that 4500 smart and be safe.

3. lvfast

yea i have a forged steel crank. (10/10 bearing and shavings) on a dipped and tanked gt block. complete msd 6al. 14 degree timing. thanks for the help