1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ev - csu hat height difference?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by strokedcoupe, Oct 22, 2006.

1. strokedcoupe

does anyone know the height difference of these to hats? . i have a ev now and have hood clearance problems is the csu any lower? i really dont want to buy a different hood and motor is as low as itll go.it will almost clear with no spacer but not even close with spacer and it wont clear float adjuster without spacer. why would the sell the spacer seperate knowing it wont clear the float adjuster?

2. jonboy688

csu hat is almost the same height, i have one that i cant use, but it doesnt angle down like the ev hat, so it hits my hood, and i put a ev hat on it and had enough room to close it. hope this helps

3. strokedcoupe

mine hits at the front of hat. i only have a 2" hood. i have bad enough eye sight dont need any more obstructions only way i can lower motor is cut off rack mounts and lower them.

4. jonboy688

yeah , i have a 302 with a parker funnel intake, and solid motor mounts. and my hood is 4 inch cowl. if the ev doesnt clear without the spacer, forget trying the csu unit.now if ure ev hat is close with the spacer, it might be worth trying the csu depending on with way you are pointing it.

5. Blown440sst

The 2 hats are identical in height at the carb stud(4") The inlet of the E/V is 1 1/4" lower. Hope that helps. Gordon