1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

C&S E85 blowthru tuning help

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by junk racing, Mar 12, 2013.

1. junk racing

Got my new E85 carb and I'm having some issues. I got the car to idle at 12.5 on the gas scale, but when trying to drive it it is very rich, we took some jet out of it from 90s to 85 still rich to 80' s which was lean, I'm gonna try some 82' s. My question is being new to turbos and E85 is should the carb hat be on while tuning? My carb seems to have non adjustable air bleeds and I read on the sheet included that the 10-20% throttle was adjusted by the bleeds, how does one adjus* this? Any tips tricks is appreciated

2. jameskirk1

If u are driving the car yes you need the hat hooked up - not only will it affect tuning but you run the risk of overspeeding the turbo

3. junk racing

Yea that's what I figured, now just need to get it to run halfway right

4. Nomoredsm4life

Have you called up to the shop and talked to roger about it?