1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

C&S blow thru

Discussion in 'Classifieds- TURBO RELATED PARTS' started by jiler115, Dec 8, 2019.

1. jiler115

Guys, have a C&S blow thru carb built for a twin s366 454 BBC. It’s gently used, hasn’t seen boost, only about a month on the truck before I switched to EFI. $1300 new, looking to get $800 B/O. I’ll post pics at a later date or by PM.

-Jarrod

2. blue-boost

Is this one of their aerosol carbs? Why did you switch to EFI after a month, and didn't ever see boost?

3. jiler115

Not aerosol. Switched to the Holley Sniper because they had just came out with the big system for the blow thru. The switched happened towards the end of my build. Then was offered decent money for the truck so it went down the road.

4. blue-boost

Gotcha. Is it a dual needle and seat?

5. A Weaver

Do you still have this for sale

6. jiler115

yes still for sale, will post pictures tonight.

7. A Weaver

I see you sold your truck . But what were your thoughts on the sniper setup.

8. jiler115

as far as installation goes, it was very easy. Initial start up and running was also very easy. I let the computer tune itself and let it learn every time I drove it and by doing this the truck got better each time I took it out. There were some issues with the idle and braking, but I got that all sorted out with references online.

9. A Weaver

Did you run your timing through it and if so will it retard your timing as the boost goes up ?

10. A Weaver

Sorry to change the subject but I'm planning on driving this car a lot and I'm trying to figure out witch way to go.

11. A Weaver

Sorry to change the subject but I'm planning on driving this car a lot so I'm trying to figure out the best way to go.

12. jiler115

no, didn’t run the timing through it. It does have the ability if you get the correct distributor to have it control the timing.
    It boils down to a personal preference. Taking the time to learn about the EFI, running logs and seeing how which tune your vehicle to run the best is a definite advantage. If you’re comfortable with tuning a four barrel, definitely an easier route.

13. A Weaver

Thanks , I have an old 850 that's been laying around for about 30 years. I just tore it apart I'm going to try to build my own blow thru .