1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any guys familar with 03/04 Cobra's? 02 sesnor related questions

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by PrecisionTurboMustang, Mar 23, 2012.

1. PrecisionTurboMustang

My brother Just picked up an 03' cobra vert with some mods. Yeah, I am jealous as hell. Anyway, he got it third owner and the second owner didn't really know what was done to it. From jakcing it up we can tell it has:

Full headers & Exhaust no cats
    Blower Pulley
    Intake
    Subframe connectors
    fluidyne heat exchanger

Don't really know what else to look for but I know you guys can point us in the right direction. The Cel was lit up so I plugged in the Scan tool. It was throwing 16 codes :D Mostly 02 sensor related, egr relater, and evap emissions related. I can see it has sims on the downstream 02's. On the scan tool though it is getting no feedback from any of the 02' sensors. The codes were saying the o2's were reading max lean and the heaters were malfunctioning but showing 0 volts on the scan tool. Do guys normally delete them when tuning these cars? Sound like a stupid thing to do on a car you street drive....but I know nothing about tuning these things. I imagine it has to be tuned in some form with the blower pulleys?

It does run strong, feels like a low 12 second car if I were to guess. He got it for a little more than 10k too so doesn't mind learning about them and doing work to the car. I appreciate any helpful information anyone can provide. At some point he want to drop it off at a reputable tuner and make sure it has a good tune on it bu we would like to fix any of the problems we can first.

It runs stron, definately rich though. And the idle bounces around a little bit.

2. stangman9897

You hit it on the head, take it to a tuner. Thats the first thing my tuner will do is turn off a bunch of shit like egr mils and it sounds like when they did the pulley change it was not tuned right , thats why its pulling all the codes.

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

The o2 sensors are disconnected for whatever reason. Would like to fix what I can before taking it in.