1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

bullet muffler instead of downpipe

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jnybbad, Aug 14, 2017.

1. jnybbad

On a fender exit exhaust is there any reason not to put a flange on a bullet straight through race Muffler right off the turbo and then out my Fender?. I'm very limited on space and the bullet muffler fits perfect.

2. Monzsta

Due to the heat I'd look for one with stainless packing. A regular fiberglass one won't last more than a blast or two.

3. silver82GT

I have the same 4" Dynomax Bullet on my car for 8 yrs now. It doesn't make a huge difference but if asked I can say it has a muffler and there doesn't appear to be any packing missing.

4. jnybbad

Thanks, I put it on and sounds good. Nelson racing does the Same thing in their dyno room with the same Dynomax muffler I use. So it should be ok.