1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

building my first glide

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 96b.boy, Jul 3, 2011.

1. 96b.boy

i picked up a bone stock glide the other night and I'm really wanting to rebuild this one myself and was looking for some advice on what to put in, she tips in around 3000 and when dialed in will be make just north of 700ish to the ground .so far i'm going turbo input shaft ,upgrading the servo,one of jegs or summits racing 6 clutch rebuild kits ,1.76 gear set if it's not in there already ,deep pan,and a brake . i'm picking up a ultra bell ,the wheel and crank adapter saturday is there any thing else you all can think needs to be in there ?

2. 427notch

you will most definitely need a hardened clutch hub. The factory cast hub is probably the weakest point in the trans. Also the Turbo spline input requires a bushing either installed in the convertor, or in the stator support. Cost wise, the stator support is the best bet, I bought an aftermarket support pre bored for the bushing and just pressed out the old stator support and pressed the new one in.

3. 427notch

Also, just pull the input shaft and meassure it. If its 12 5/8ths its a 1.82 first gear, if its 12 7/8ths its a 1.76 first.

4. 96b.boy

nice thanks for the tips

5. 81shavedtrk

Another way to do it is get a th350 stator support and swap it into the glide pump.

6. 10secgoal