1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Electric fence questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by D & E Dart, Jan 25, 2017.

1. D & E Dart

In a last ditch effort to avoid putting 2 of our,dogs to sleep we have decided to run an electric fence wire. We have 4 dogs, Azul & Mita, Redbone Coonhounds (littermates). The girls are not the problem. Daisy, a Blue Nose Pitbull and Shelby, an American Bull Dog Pitbull mix. Not going to get into the problems here....what I am wondering is can we run the electric wire just down 2 sides of our property or does it have to run on all 4 sides?

2. B E N

You can run it on two sides, just connects to the electric module on either end.

My female German Shepard didn't mind the electric fence, she just went over or under it, didn't care if it shocked her because she knew she could get away from it. So you have to actually train them to avoid it, make them think it's a hard barrier and stay in its boundaries. It takes some work but the techniques are well documented.
    I think that fence got me more often than it did her.
    Good luck!

3. Disney Lincoln

It has to create a loop. You can run it up and back two sides and still create a loop.

4. Mnlx

It doesn't need to loop, the fencer is grounded with a ground rod, and the positive is isolated. It can dead end wherever, and two separated runs isn't a problem iirc.

5. Disney Lincoln

OOhhhhh You mean a REAL electric fence! I was thinking invisible fence.

6. Mnlx

I didn't even think invisible fence... Lol. Farm boy here, so first thing I thought when I read electric fence was the real thing.