1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbos vs valve springs

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbocuda, May 5, 2006.

1. turbocuda

What's the feeling of spring pressures when dealing with boost in the cylinders. I am borderline with my springs with my new engle cam and wonder how much extra spring pressure should be used under boost compared to na...I also hear beefier pushrods shoulkd be used.....what yall think....

245/245 at .050 with .560 lift at 114 lobe seperation solid flat tappet....120 lbs closed/ 275 lbs open.....kind of light springs for this but may be better on the cam up to about 6000 rpm.....408ci smallblock mopar/ twin 61mm .68ar p-trims

new motor in car 009-3.JPG #ad

2. Bellman Jeff

Those springs do seem light.. But I havn't delt with a solid flat tappet in a long long time..Fords have been roller from the factory since when...1985..

I use Comp Cam Beehives #26120 with my hydraulic roller cam.. They go 155 on the seat, and I'm thinking 350 or so over the nose.. I've found out that my car will make power to 7000 rpms (rev limiter set point).. I went 121 in the eighth, spinning and fishtailing out of the groove.. Just pass the eighth mile timing lights, I hit the rev limiter..

I thought I was experencing a high speed miss, so I got out of it.. After the run I activated my tell-tale-tach, and it went to 7000 rpms..