1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I hate c clip eliminators!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Old 86, May 26, 2020.

1. Old 86

I hate c clip eliminators!!!! That is alll

2. sam51

Yeah they aren't the best, I've never had a set not leak.

3. Old 86

Left hand side has been great , right hand I have resealed 5 times over the last 2years

4. Disney Lincoln

I've never had a problem with them. I usually put a seal up inside the axle tube to help keep oil off of the eliminator, but even on the times I didn't use the extra seal, they haven't leaked.

5. Old 86

That’s a good idea, I may try that if it leaks again. I used right stuff this time , hopefully will have better results.

6. Russell

On my mustang the right side was leaking when I bought it. No amount of resealing worked. Replaced the right side so far so good.

7. Old 86

That will be my next move, wish I would have just gone with 9 inch housing ends

Russell likes this.
  8. Russell

I agree if I had the tools I would have gone with 9" ends but I don't have the alignment tools and I didn't want to pay someone.

I think the aluminum deforms and that what causes the leaks. I have always thought it would be better to machine them from steel for street cars.

9. Disney Lincoln

I think fit up has a lot to do with it. Getting the depth of the stub just right. Making sure everything is clean and smooth. I am also careful to make sure the flange is flat and isn't dog ear'd out towards the axle, which it often is.

10. Old 86

Good points guys , thank you