1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

school me on fuel systems

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by tkelly27, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tkelly27

Starting a turbo project on the cheap, some of you may have read that I have a turbo and a wastegate. Now I need a fuel system. This is going to be a blow through, probably holley or an edelbrock carb on a 273 mopar. Can I use my mechanical fuel pump? It is a high volume holley unit. Also, what is the importance of an FMU. I see them on ebay from $30 all the way up to $250, what are good ones, what ratio do I want?

2. Dangerous Dan

you can use your mechanical pump , it needs to be boost refrenced , search its in here somewere .
    Fmu's are used for Feul injected applications , and raise fuel at a greater ratio than 1:1 for each poud of boost , it works but isn't ideal .

3. tom351

check out the database sticky and see what everybody is running for fuel systems...

4. tkelly27

awesome, that database is going to be really helpfull and I'm already figuring out how to mod my pump. Thanks for the help