1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DIY carb bonnet

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by tkelly27, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tkelly27

This falls into both the DIY/welding, and carburated forums, but you guys seem to be more receptive to the $350 price limit :D How about this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7951883048&category=43946&sspagename=WDVW With a section of pipe welded to it and the choke horn cut down flat? Mayby a 90* mandrel down into the top? Could even do two for twins so there would be no Y. It won't be as nice as the other ones, probably not as much power either, but it sure is cheap. I sent him an email getting some specs on it. Do you guys think it will work? What do you guys do to keep the wing nut from leaking? Thanks
    -Tom

2. SkylineUSA

I made a bonnet out of fiberlass, I'll take some pics if you would like to see it.

It cost me about $20 to make, and about 4-5 hours of time.

3. brianj5600

4. tkelly27

do you have any pics of how you made the fiberglass one? The finish product would also be cool. If you don't want to post them my email is
    This content is protected
    How does it work for you? Couldn't it melt or get scewed up with fuel fumes? Brian, they have another carb hat that says it is made of really thick material and won't bend. http://www.quickcar.net/carb_comp/tl_alcrbht.html
    Hrmm, mayby I'll make one of carbon fiber, that would look really trick ;)