1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Budget Data Logger?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by TwinTLuv, Jul 31, 2014.

1. TwinTLuv

Im looking for a decently priced data logger, only thing im really wanting to log is AFR and MAP pressure. I was gonna replace my 6530 box for a 7531 for this purpose, but if i can find a datalogger cheaper then i will just add it on. I was looking at the Zeitronix Zt-2, but it seems you would need to buy their "black box" to log to, or run it to a PC. Has anyone ran this unit or know of one comparable?

2. leeperryracing

Ebay....lots of decent ones for not a lot of $$

3. 440mark

I run Zeitronix and you are correct the black box is the way to go.It is hard to data log with a laptop.I do not have the black box.Would be nice if they had an app.I log fuel pressure,boost pressure,air temp with rpm.Also use it to trigger Meth.It got pricey but makes tuning easier.I also got the lcd display so i can watc egt temp boost air temp and afr at a glance.

4. 440mark

One plus i have never had any problems with the o2 sensor screwing up..

5. TwinTLuv

guy has a LM1 with a LMA-3 AuxBox 6 channel logger for a good price. Also found www.14point7.com as well

6. Fastlane

I run the LM1 and LMA-3 on my setup. It works very well for my needs and is pretty simple to use.

7. TwinTLuv

Just so I'm reading thing right, the lma3 will read rpm and boost but logs it to the lm1 right? What about logging fuel pressure? I have an autometer electric fuel pressure gauge, think I could tap into that harness to read fuel pressure as well?

8. BlownShovel

I also run the LM1 + aux box. The aux box has built in MAP and allows for several inputs. For fuel pressure you would need a sensor like a 2246 Autometer.

My tach input stopped working a few weeks back - not sure if it was my boys playing with the wires or if something else is in play. Haven't looked into it yet.

9. Rickracer

I'm running the LM1 with the RPM converter, (LMA-2, LM2-A?), which allows 5 other inputs that the LM1 will also log. Right now I'm doing AFR, Boost, (using the same MAP sensor as the 6530 box), and RPMs. I'd like to do IAT and fuel pressure also, eventually.

10. TwinTLuv

I downloaded the logworks software, anyone have a log file I can look at in the program? Kinda wanna see what I'm getting myself into

11. Rickracer

P/M me your email addy, I'll send you my last run at the track....

12. TwinTLuv

pm sent