1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My 70 Chevelle Build BBC TV8101

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by BlownShovel, Feb 5, 2006.

1. BlownShovel

Still accumulating parts and hoping to get things together by EO April. Looking to run high 9's. Switching over from Procharger to Turbo..

[​IMG]#ad

Walt

2. BlownShovel

Pic of the parts pile....The Top Gun box has about a decade of misc tubing.

Trying to keep $$$ within the TM members I picked up
    Turbo from Dave@ majestic :2thumbs:
    Dman hooked me up with additional tubing, silicone and misc. I think he shipped things the day before i called and ordered :D
    Joe hooked me up with some flanges and gaskets.

Walt

P1300252s.JPG #ad

3. dragginwagon406

Congrats Can't wait to see the difference between Procharger and turbo. Update often with lots of pics :D

4. 93 coupe

What's your combo? Any engine pics? :2thumbs:

5. jdpepper

nice lookin' car :2thumbs:

what did it run with the procharger? what size turbo? single or twin?

keep us updated...

6. BlownShovel

454 8.5:1...nothing fancy. Stock block, refinished rods and crank.
    Oval port heads
    home built Holley DP

low 10's with the Procharger

Chevelle010105 008s.JPG #ad

Chevelle010105 003s.JPG #ad

7. BlownShovel

More pics later today when I upload them. I started on the hot side. I wanted to locate the turbo on the pass side but radiator, inner fender, and BBC made it too tight.

Walt

Header57s.JPG #ad

Turbo006s.JPG #ad

Header57s.JPG #ad

8. Blown440sst

AH! I have been waiting for you to get started! You are staying with the 454? What about the 468? Gordon

9. camarosf

what procharger was you running ? what are you going to do with the procharger ? is it for sale ?

10. Bobby

I think you have a really cool combo planned out. I can only imagine the hp potential you will have once you get everything sorted out. Very nice car. Any plans of race gas and cranking up the boost?

11. Gene

Have you thought about moving the rad over to the driver side. Sneaking the turbo inlet beside it. then you can run your down pipe straight off the turbo and reduce the number of bends you have to juggle in the engine bay. I know what your going through, I just finished redoing my hotside in my 68 velle (with inner fenders) If its worth anyting to you. I didnt want to hack up my rad support (more) so I put the rad infront of the support. Fits like a glove and allowed me to move it far enought to one side

Gene

12. Scott02GT

Subscribing Walt, I can;t wait to see this beast built.

13. dug

may i be the first to say "about time." thats sweet, i can't wait to see further progress and hear how it runs. :2thumbs: mines about a year out from where you are at. seriously. :'(

14. BlownShovel

Yep...running the 468

Sorry the D1 Procharger is gone..

Gene,
    I'm still looking at a few options..I plan on puting vintage air on the car down the road and don't think the radiator move will work or me. I can move it outboard more...factory battery location but the mount will look like a ladder bar :bang:

Walt

15. BlownShovel

Well....I have some headers put together.....A friend welded them up for me....well actually his brother did it...and he did more gluing than welding. Things didn't look that bad until I pressure tested ONE of them...haven't even tried the other side...

Long story short.....they have more holes than a garden sprinkler.....some easily seen misses and some porous crap......leak at the flange, merges, joints....

Man...I'm just going to take a little time before I make a decision....after spending half of super bowl sunday cutting pipe...I may just start over or at least cut back from the flange and add the 1-2 inches back on...

Damn Gordon...I should have taken you up on the welding help

Walt

16. Blown440sst

Dont toss them. Put them in a box and send them to me. I'll fix them right up and send em' back at ya. Gordon 586-264-9570

17. BlownShovel

PM sent....

18. ProCharged71

Glad to see you finally started on this Walt. I can't wait to see how this installation turns out with the BBC and inner fenders.

Keep it up man. :cheers:

19. 78maliboost

you plan on running an intercooler?

if not you should at least consider water/alcohol injection

20. Jake

Looking foward to another Chevy turbo buildup!! :chacha: :2thumbs: