1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

need help with act sensor

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by fstbluovl, May 12, 2007.

1. fstbluovl

did a bg turbo setup and installed a explorer upper and lower intake,after the fact i realized that i forgot the act sensor ( air charge temperature ) so puilled back apart only to find no hole in explorer intake for the sensor to go into,alldata says that the ecu uses information from this sensor to help with air/fuel ratios,what should i do ??put in to the intercooler piping somewhere or is it necessary to even have it,car runs without it but seems kinda rich 42lbs injectors/cl 80mm maf 67mm turbo on stock longblock,whayt do you guys think????tahnks

2. Don Bailey

You must have the sensor installed and giving the ECU data. The ECU uses the data to calculate the density of air based on MAP and Temp and then adjust the pulse width accordingly. If you cannot install it in the manifold, then anywhere in the inlet stream would help. Worst case, just install the sensor and leave it under the hood. Hope this helps.

3. fstbluovl

i have it kinda laying on the lower mani right now abd it seems to be a bit rich,it seems easier to put the sensor in the charge pipe between maf and throttle body rather than pull the upper mani AGAIN and try to drill/and tap that,it should work like that ...right??? thanks

4. mustangless