1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BS3 tuning problems

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by cravens02, Jul 14, 2014.

1. cravens02

I'm having a little bit of a issue with my base tune in my set up my af gauge is pegged lean at over 18 and the BS3 reads maxed out at showing that it's lean, but it keeps taking out the plugs, but the plugs are black as coal showing rich. I've been messing with the fuel,timing,af tables but doesn't seam to be helping, now I'm probably being real careful as just learning this stuff. Fuel pressure is set at 50psi, timing is around 18, af table is programmed at 14.5. What am I doing wrong :duh:
    matt

2. Enginerd

Try another O2 sensor.

3. Chuck L

Free air calibration??
    Ground integrity?
    Electronic interference?

4. cravens02

I'm gonna get 2 new sensors,but you can smell how rich it's running. On the gauges it's reading 17.9+ lean the bs3 af gauge says 15.9, my turbo piping is not compleat yet I need the 2 pipes to finish off the air to water intercooler. With not having the air from the turbo going into the motor could this be causing my reading to be messed up cuz it's needing the air to help with the af for the amount of fuel it's currently getting?

5. turboeverything

What fuel?
    Fuel energy being used

6. cravens02

Tested both 02 tested good. I have pump gas in it right now but will run c16