1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo modular motor question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 97_Cobra, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 97_Cobra

i was curious if mustang modular motors react the same to tuning the way other turbo cars do? i.e. fuel, timing, boost...i.e. buick gn's, turbo honda's, etc?
    take for instance a dohc cobra with a built bottom end running an 80mm turbo, would it be wiser to run more boost less timing on pump gas or more timing and less boost? what is safer on the motor? what is going to warrant more power?
    right now im at 13psi and 16 degree's timing, would it be better the other way around say 16psi and 13 degree's timing?
    is there typically a rule of thumb for these motors? x amount of boost and x amount of timing for pump gas, race gas, etc?