1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BS3,There is finally another new version of BS3

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by LowBoostinT76, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LowBoostinT76

Hey just checked the bs3 website and found there is now finally a new updated version of it on the website.
    The thing is it says this about it.....

Note: If your GEN3 ECU has a build date before January 2008 you should update the firmware before using the 12StgBigComm software. The build date is located on the back side of the ECU. The cost for firmware updates is $100 USD, plus S&H. Please call BigStuff3 for more information.

Now I know for a fact that my box is built before the date as I've had it well before 2008.
    I haven't contacted anyone, but has anyone used this new software or know anything of what differences are in the firmware. What new updates are in the software.
    Basically is it really worth me dishing out a 100 bucks and shipping for the updated firmware to use this new software?
    Thanks guys

2. LowBoostinT76

Re: There is finally another new version of BS3

Anybody got the newer box that they wanna try running this software on to at least see if anything has been added?
    I know last update I did it had a lot of other menu options as well as the lock timing feature to calibrate the crank trigger properly.
    Keep us posted if someone tries it thanks!

3. clone93gt

just wondering if anyone has got any information on this. I shot them an email and never got anything back

Patrick

4. 2fastCobra

Anyone?

5. LowBoostinT76

Yeah I figured somebody has bought a box recently that can run this new software and see if anything is added to any menu's or something.
    I'm temped just to load it up without the firmware update just to see if anything was added anywhere.
    Unfortunately I have no engine in my car right now so I can't really try it out or anything anyways.