1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Using HP Tuners to tune your 2005+ Mustang

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Eric@BrooksSpeed, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Eric@BrooksSpeed

I recently published an article online that covers Mustang Tuning with HP Tuners

HP Tuners only works on 2005-2010 Mustangs currently, but I thought this might help some of you guys. I'll be adding more to it as time permits.

Eric Brooks
    Brooks Speed - Ford Tuning

2. Disney Lincoln

Great timing on this article. I have aguy that wants to bring me his turbo'd 2007GT for a tune and I need to figure out which tuner to use on it. Do you feel the HPT is the way to go? What would the cost be to get up and running with one of these?

3. Eric@BrooksSpeed

I'm partial to SCT, because that is what I have the most experience using. Easier for me to navigate the software. However, for a 2005-2010 Mustang GT, you can get the HPTuners package for less money. HP Tuners uses a credit system. If you buy an interface, it comes with enough credits to tune two cars (if I am not mistaken). If you want to tune more cars, buy more credits. Generally its about $50 per credit, and it takes 2 credits to tune a car. Compared to SCT, you have to buy the software, and then buy a handheld for every car you tune.

The HP Tuners interface (MVPI) comes in two versions. Standard ($499) and Pro ($649) The only difference is the Pro has a connector on the side that allows you to log external sensors (Airfuel, Boost, etc) and to also trigger relays based on setpoints set in the VCM Scanning software. If you don't have a dyno, you really need the Pro, so you can log the airfuel.

4. BOSs5.0

Have you thought about updating that article for turbocharged S197 cars?

5. Eric@BrooksSpeed

Yeah, I have. It's in the works.