1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

breather/catch can questions

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by jtcstrat, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jtcstrat

I am looking to run a catch can on my turbo car now, but i am a bit confused, rite now i have both valve covers running to the inlet pipe of the turbo, kinda like how oem had it.

Now do i just run those lines(one from each valve cover) to a catch can where ever i mount it? i thought i read/saw that the pass side valve cover line goes to the intake and driver side line goes to the catch can or something like that, or vise versa. maybe it was on a 3v i saw that, or does it not make a difference between the years? or i saw the pass side line going to a catch can and the driver side going to the intake on a cobra. is there a reason for this or am i missing something?

I was thinking of running filter/breathers on each valve cover but i herd this can get messy

I was reading something weird like that but i am a bit confused now of the proper way to do this. Any input, or pics would help, thanks

here is a pic of how i had it ran, you can see the 2 lines going into the inlet tube before the turbo.

[​IMG]#ad

2. 99TTGT

yes

3. jtcstrat

Mmr, is that what u would do with my set up, run both of those lines to a can? What is this I read/see that people run one to a can and the other to the manifold?

And do uu reccomend this over breathers?

How much for the catch can and what fittings are on it?

Ty

4. 99TTGT

96-09 2V,3V 0r 4V Valve cover Breather kit for Supercharged/Turbocharged applications
    This complete kit allows you to vent the valve cover/crank case pressure to the atmosphere, This prevents your turbocharger or supercharger inlet tube from sucking oil out of the engine and burning it which causes smoking, oil leaks, Detonation and poor performance. Kit includes all lines and fittings to attach to factory valve cover. Breather tank includes filter and mounting bracket and can be mounted in any location including the fenderwell and includes easy drain fitting.

5. candyroush

I run both valve cover to the catch can. It the way to go, bought mine from jegs.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. rio95

Do you have a picture of the can you mention online? The one I found appears to only have one inlet. I'll PM you in case you don't see this, but thought others might be interesed.

P.s. This would be for a pushrod setup, so I'll piece together the rest of the lines and fittings. Also, does anyone have an opinion on leaving or deleting the PCV. If you use a check valve and oil separator would you still delete it?

7. SOLIDSNAK3

sorry to hijack, but it is normal to see steam come out of the catch can?

8. jtcstrat

From what i have seen yes, it is common, its the condensation i think. most cars ive seen with catch cams steam.

9. outlaw

I am putting one of these on my setup. Good info Thanks!