1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

car running rich

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by efi65gt, Nov 17, 2008.

1. efi65gt

I am running 302 efi single turbo system on a 1965 mustang 42# inj with 80 mm c&l blow throu type calibrated for the inj victor jr intake aod transmission 3500 stall conv 275 50 15 m/t drag radial tires my problem is I cant get the car to spool up at all on foot brake the car is running rich the air/fuel meter reads stoich the first 30 seconds and then it reads rich all the time my timing is set 20 degree lock 12# of boost my header will glow if I try to stall it up so I can get it to spool any sugestions thanks.

2. yellowpony

Is it 12# of boost on the footbrake? Sounds like too much fuel and not enough timing.

3. efi65gt

12 pouns of boost is my over all boost on 12 pound spring on tial 44 mm w/g my car is running 7,20 s with 1,63 60 foot on 1/8 with 0 boost at 3000 rpm at light how can I make it run a little leaner ?

4. Jay Meagher

5. mustangcobra438

Sounds like your peging out the c&l meter. Maybe try clocking the meter so it gets a better signal. C&L meters are usually bad about this, atleast all the one ive come in contact with have.

6. mustangcobra438

Is their any codes in your computer? If their is limp mode could be causing this. Whats fuel pressure at?

7. f3boostboy

I would get a pmas meter and have it tuned with a chip. You need to have the timing and fuel adjusted for different situations in a turbo(like trying build boost on the foot brake or t-brake) application. It's not like the blowers where you can get away with just locking out the dist.

8. mustangcobra438

He has a PMS he dont have to lock out the timing. and yes a chip tune just for the mass air voltages would be nice. Do you have a flow sheet on your meter?
    :2thumbs: