1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Brand new Power Wagon needs... Well... More power

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Seppelraor, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Seppelraor

Hi everybody,
    I just recently had to trade my Shelby GT500 for a more country and family suitable truck and decided to go with a brand new 2016 Power Wagon with the 6.4 Hemi. Coming from the Shelby and pretty much all my cars were forced induction I really miss the power and starting to look into power adders for the 6.4 now. Completely new to the Hemi world so I need your help guys.

In the long run I want to turbo charge it and i want to do it right the first time.

Keeping the boost low (6PSI) should be safe on stock internals? Given 94 octane and possibly water/meth?

It's really hard to find information on this engine so I guess my question would be how it differs from the srt 6.4? Are parts interchangeable? Is the Ram engine bottom forged?

Is the stock ecu capable to work with a turbo and who will actually tune such a project?

True duals the way to go?

And so on and so on. I'm still at the very beginning so every info and help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

2. Monzsta

The 6.4 does have a forged crank and decent rods. The block also has piston cooler jets which is a huge plus. The cast pistons have a high ring land, which becomes a problem with over 6 psi of boost. A few companies have "drop in" forged pistons that don't require boring or balancing. HP Tuners has tuning available on '16 ecu's. but they must be sent in to be "unlocked" (modded) before they can be written to.