1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

bov, factory wastegate, & turbo vacuum hose ?'s

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by ziptie007, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ziptie007

Well i'm all most done with my jy tt setup and I was wondering how you do the vacuum stuff for the turbo's, wastegates, and bov. I have 2 t'3 with factory wastegates, a tial 50mm bov. Thanks. oh ya whuts a good size vacuum hose 2. I have 2 weeks to get this done for ffw in norwalk.

2. Cox Abele

I'm really trying to get my car back up and running before FFW.... as long as the transmission didn't also take a shit, then I may be able to see you there!

I got my vacum from the vac tree, but T-ed that off for the turbos. In addition, I ran a second vac line for the BOV. The gates and BOV worked great although some will tell you to tap your manifold.

I believe I used just standard vac line from autozone... ran like $.69 a foot. 1/4 inch maybe?

3. ziptie007

thanx for your reply. I was going to use the vacuum tree for my source of vacuum but does a vacuum line go from a vacuum source to the actual wastehate? and if so then you said you t'ed them so you could run one line and then branch it off into 2. I just want to make sure i get every thing togther rite. I have 9 days and counting. But i got a lot done yesterday. fabing up my downpipes wasnt as hard as I thought it was going to be. I was worried because I have never fabed or weled before but it semms to be going pretty good.

4. Cox Abele

If you have an open nipple on the intake, use that for your waste gates and BOV. When I eliminated my charcole box, I had an open fitting...consider that, otherwise branch from the vac tree. Just go grab yourself an assorted pack of vac Ts and ~16 feet of vac line. Try to keep your waste gates on their own sourse though...don't branch from like something that is already for another system, like fuel pressure. You probibly have an open nipple labled B/R on the vac tree, or AC if you have eliminated that. Use eithor one of those. AC is obvious, but BR was for the old speed density cars with the vac line going to their Bap Sensor.

5. ziptie007

thanx for the imfo.