1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

new to the world of boost

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by boostedbucket, Jan 15, 2014.

1. boostedbucket

So I am currently looking into the twin turboing my roadster. Currently the car is running a stock chevy 350, a turbo 350 trans and a ford 8 inch rear. I plan to go with a twin turbo carbureted setup non intercooled. A couple questions??

currently it has an hei ignition, what will need to be changed for boost??
    What brand blow through carbs are recommended?
    Where would the vacuum hookup connect for the trans?
    Are two bov and wastegates necessary to run?

2. Mike86Stang

Yes you will need two waste gates, the BOV depends. If you are merging the cold pipes at some point, and I assume you are, then one BOV shortly after the merge will work.

3. 91turboterror

Post some pics of the car ! CSU blowthru carbs if you want the least headaches. 650cfm would be fine .

4. boostedbucket

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

Here are pics if it currently, I was thinking the same for carb but csu doesn't have a 650 listed on the website!!

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

5. boostedbucket

6. 91turboterror

Give them a call they definitely have a 650 cfm. That car looks good I like it! Those rear tires aren't gonna last to long. What tire size are you runnin in the back? What gears in the diff?

7. boostedbucket

the rims are 20x15 with a 20x18 tire, and the diff gear is 3.73. They already spin pretty good, but can never have too much smoke!!!!

8. 91turboterror

What are the diameters of the rear tires? Depending on that the 3.73s might work ok with a turbo. Turbo350 transmissions aren't very strong when dealing with a high powered turbo setup. Since your car is light with street tires it may last.

9. boostedbucket

Rear tires are 29 inches tall and the turbo 350 is a built unit rated to 700hp, which I will be no where near