1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

carb blow thru where to put nozzles

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by actmobmar, May 21, 2015.

1. actmobmar

i'm putting two nozzles in, what is the best place to put them? i've heard the hat, i've heard the tube leading to the hat. any suggestions?

2. half-fast

nozzles for what?

3. H.P.Ranch

METHANOL

4. half-fast

Ya thats my bad, looked all over the page and didn't see anything. its in the meth inj section

5. actmobmar

I'm concerned about the methanol getting into the carb vents if I put the nozzles in the tube before the hat. If I put them in the hat I'm concerned the methanol won't have a chance to atomize

6. half-fast

From my understanding meth is used to reduce the intake temps, from that logic you want the nozzle close to the outlet of the turbo to give it the most time to change state and reduce the intake temps as long as there is not a intercooler involved

7. actmobmar

I do have an air to air intercooler. I'm thinking it's going to go in the tube before the hat

8. Cole

I put mine right in the side of the hat, from what I was told you should just avoid pointing it against flow (pretty intuitive advice i know).

9. actmobmar

i ended up putting them in the hat just behind the vent tube extensions, on either side.