1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bosch 160 vs. 210 injectors

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by DatCompound, Oct 2, 2019.

1. DatCompound

Looking to go E85 and higher boost, so I'll need to step up to a bigger injector. Both the Bosch 160s and 210s look like they'll fit the bill. Is there any particular advantages to one over the other? I've seen some accounts of odd deadtime issues and heat issues on the 160s, but not much around the 210s. I also saw some mention that a more recent revision should remedy the heat issue on the 160s.

Both are pretty big for my application as I'd still like to keep it street driven, and maybe even keep an option for pump gas should I have any issue with E85 availability. Setup is a 00 Mustang, 4.6, TT/SC, still running stock ECU.

2. sldpulr

What EFI system are you running? I had a really hard time controlling the 210s when I had the microsquirt. I sold them and I am running the Deka 80s on e85 through a Holley EFI system. My injectors are maxed out right now and I'm looking at the Holley 160s.

3. DatCompound

I'm still on the stock Ford ECU so the high impedance of those injectors is a really attractive option to me.