1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boreless compressor wheel

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mostafa Arafa, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Mostafa Arafa

Hello everybody

this is Mostafa from Egypt i'm a turbocharger technician and I found many interesting things on this website
    I have some inquiries about boreless compressor wheel

1- as I noticed it is a patent for garrett so only garrett can use this also I found that it came only in the series GTA42-55
    so do you think we will see this type of compressro wheel with next new series ??

2- does anyone can help me about reparing those turbos come with compressor wheel type , some times it comes without nut on the top there is no place to put my key and unassemble it , how should I deal such situation like this ? And how to deal with the balancing of this type if I unassemble this wheel how to make sure to reassemble with same position ?
    Also if anyone have a video or pictures for the repairing process of anyone of those models GTA42-55 please show me

Thank you.