1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Borg Warner turbo S200s041 specs

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by XKfab, Dec 14, 2020.

1. XKfab

Looking to buy a few of these but have searched the web for days and was not able to find any good solid info on specs. The Borg Warner tags reads P/N; 171515 MOD; S200S041

After searching i belive they are close to an S259 with an comp wheel of 59mm x 80mm
    Cover has cast number 055 = 55 A/R ?

They are not T3 like the s259 but have T4 divided housing with an 4" ?V band with cast number 091 = .91 A/R ? and if so i like
    Found nothing on the turbine wheel specs but thinking they are like most S200 with an 61mm x 70mm wheel.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Rick

2. Disney Lincoln

I found this:
    Turbine Wheel O.D. 2.74 in - 69.56 mm, Turbine Wheel Exducer 2.42 in - 61.43 mm, Turbine AR 0.83, T4 Bolt Pattern, T3 Volute Inlet.

3. XKfab

Tha
    Thanks. I just found a Jonh Deere turbine housing with the exact same casting numbers but these turbos housing donot say any name on the compressor and look like the John Deere name might of been removed. They do have Borg warner tags that look to be the real deal but could they be aftermarket clone's

s2002041 turbine housing.jpg #ad

4. Mnlx

I believe that Ben bought some John Deere s200's on Ebay, maybe he'll have some info for you.

5. XKfab

Yes Ben did. He helped /guided me to that ebay seller and planned to buy a few but but i took to long and that seller only has 1 left and i need 2 min but need 4 total for 2 build. If these spec like i think and look to be real i will jump on them asap as i belive they might be a better match for not alot more $$$

6. B E N

As far as I can figure turbines are common on all of the s200's, they are 69.56mm and come in a variety of housing A/R and t3 or t4 foot. That turbo cross references to Comp. Wheel: 169785, 59mm. It may be the same compressor wheel used in the k27, which rates to 450hp/turbo, either way its going to be real close to that power rating.

7. B E N

Comp-Map-GT-3582R.jpg #ad
    You could also look at gt3582, they are available cheap in chinese flavor with a 61mm wheel. They may be bigger than you need,

8. XKfab

Thanks Ben, The borg / j deere i jound have comp housing inlet ID that measure about 2 3/16 or 54mm so i am going to pass on them.

Looked at some gt3582 and found 2 turbos i think would work well. Booth are highter $ chineses and hope somewhat better quailty.

#1 An gt35 gtx3582, comp wheel 63.5 x 84 a/r .70, turb wheel 62.3 x 68 t4 open a/r.82 3 d/p
    #2 An gt45rgt35t04e, comp whee; 61 x 82 a/r .70, turb wheel 64.5 x 73.6 t4 twin a/r .84 or 1.00 3.25 d/p

I am thinking the #2 turbo with the a/r .84 but not sure what would be the better a/r math as it will be fueled with an 1 to 1 blen of e85 / 91 pump gas

9. Mnlx

That 2nd is very close to an old school T61 with a p trim turbine. Curious as to what wheel they copied. I would think the gt35 wheel would be much more efficient, even being a couple mm smaller.

10. XKfab

Hope everone had a very happy & safe Christmas !!!

Just made an low ball offer on a few Gtx3582r with dual V band turbing housing and they just came back with an little higher price so i am seriously thinking of buying them. I like the idea of an hot V band in and out for easier r&r but had planned to make an brace for the turbos with an plate between the ex manifold and turbine housing. With the V band hot in i donot fell it would work well / to weak so how would you suggest i mount these turbos to the engine ? Use the center bolts and make an mounting bracket or something different ? gtx3582 stainless.jpg #ad

11. KEVINS

Easy peasy. I made brackets that bolt to the compressor housing using two of the bolts that hold the housing to the center section. It's best to use studs in those holes b/c constant r&r will strip those shallow threads out of the housing in no time then you'll be screwed trying to repair them.
    Whenever I remove the turbos I only remove the bracket from the motor and just leave the brackets permanently mounted to the turbos.
    One of the benefits of this method is that the compressor housing will ALWAYS be clocked in the correct position. So if you do have to remove the turbo there is no second guessing if it's clocked correctly in order to get the piping installed. Then all you need to do is install the DP's and rotate them in the v-bands.

ks
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    B E N likes this.
  12. Mnlx

Brace the hot side at the v band flange. The 3582's are not that heavy, and it's the hot side that requires bracing. I've even braced off the v band clamp if that's more convenient.

13. XKfab

Thanks, I am going to accept his counter offer and get these turbos coming. So i am planning on using the stock raptor manifold flipped forward by making flange adapters so the exit faces down at aprox 35 degrees then make a pipe that will bolt to the stock manifold flang out of an 90 with the turbine V band flange on the other side with a waste gate V band in the middle. I think if i made these pipe to have and block or head mount bracket it would take any weight off the stock manifold. The turbos will be mounted on top of the pipe with the V band so do you think that just the V band housing will be strong enough to hold the weight of the turbo ?

14. Disney Lincoln

I think it will be. Once you have it all mocked up you may see a quick and easy way to add a brace.

15. Mnlx

I have v band 3071's which are a bit lighter, but the v bands and housings are plenty stout.

16. Pro-SC

I always thought those tial v band housings for the S400’s were cool. I am looking for a T4 turbine housing to fit on my S480 myself, looks like VS has the best deal.

17. XKfab

Thanks again everyone. Cant wait to get them turbos in hand and start mocking up the mounting and making the hot pipe in. On that note not sure on what size or type of wastegate to use per turbo. The turbo seller wants to sell me two 38mm Tail for $105 but at that price i belive they are an clone. Anyway i was thinking an basic spring controlled 44mm would be better as i am going to be running low boost 10 to 16 psi with an 1 to 1 pump e85 / 91 blend so what wastegate's would you recomend ? Oh i am doing a few build but this one is going in my 60 bird and will be an stock 6.2 raptor with locked cams & stronger valve springs. Willing to find out if or how long a stock 6.2 can live limted to 6k and 16psi Ford & Ford 029.jpg #ad
    or 800ish fwhp as i have been able to find them for cheap.

18. Mnlx

The cheap 38mm Tials are clones, and had some issues early on, but may be better now.

19. XKfab

Thanks, Do you think dual 38mm will work well or should i up them to 44mm as the price is not that much more

20. B E N

Step up to a pair of 44 or 46's. It will save you trouble later on.