1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need advice on my turbo build

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 85fox, Aug 19, 2009.

1. 85fox

This is my turbo build link below:

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129913.0

Im running:
    B&G hotside
    gt40 heads
    explorer intake
    ecam w/ 1.7s

Now for my build I have a GT4082 turbo but I am now not sure if I want to use it. I have the custom T4i flange for it but it will require my to modify the hotside and is going to make the downpipe a pain to make. Also do you all think that the turbo is to small for what I am building? I really would like around 475 or so to the ground? Turbo to laggy? I am considering selling the turbo and getting just a masterpower turbo.

Thanks for any advice

2. fallen1

single turbo or would you run twin? what i would suggest is the same setup I'm going to use. Sell that turbo and get two 16G turbos from a couple old DSM cars, like a eclipse or gt3000, or get a couple 18G turbos from an Evo. either way, you wont need all that much boost to get 475, hell, you probably already got about 340 on all motor. 12- 15psi should do it otherwise I'd suggest doing some internal work.

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

Christ Fallen1, you need to stick to the newbie section.

The turbo you have will work great for the power you are trying to make and be very responsive to boot. Ask me how I know :D

4. 85fox

Thanks alot man. Any details on your turbo setup from you coupe? :cheers: I may have the turbo sold but we will see if the guy actually comes and buys it. The main concern I have is with the down pipe. Not sure how Im going to run it yet. And I also have to step up from a 2 1/2in pipe to the huge opening of the t4i flange. If you have any pics that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Pete

5. SickSpeedMonte

Home of the Ravens huh? You didn't happen to be at the senior center car show a couple Fridays ago... did you? I saw a couple of mustangs, one with a nice turbo setup there. Unfortunately I didn't have my car there that night, but I take it out once in a while to local cruise nights.

6. 85fox

PrecisionTurboMustang: I sent you a PM.

Anyone think that the turbo will be to laggy for my set up? It has a small comperessor compared to the hotside to. The A/R's are as followed .58 A/R compressor .94 A/R hotside

Any help on info about this turbo will be appreciated.

Thanks Pete