1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

boost reference off my turbo. placement questions.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by bk_cauley, Nov 3, 2010.

1. bk_cauley

first off this is not mine just some random image off google.
    ive seen where people drill and tap that flat protrusion just below the inlet, but i only had a 90 degree fitting and ig i tapped it there i wouldnt have been able to screw it in. so i put it to the right of it in the outlet of the compressor housing. would that be sufficiant or do i need to move it?

red is where ive seen them. green is where mine is.

2. xr8tt

I guess they are tuned on either ??
    I would go the green position..

3. mnm99

I did mine at the green.

4. bk_cauley

Glad i asked. i feel a little better about my placement now.

5. Mustangbrad94gt

I welded a 1/4" stainless fitting about 6" down from turbo outlet on cold side, didnt wanna drill or tap the comp. housing

6. blown385

I was gonna say ................. whats a pickup drivin good ol boy from Georgia doing drinking a Molson Canadian . :huh: ..................... lol