1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boost not building but can hear it spool

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by MrBoxCombo, May 26, 2012.

1. MrBoxCombo

Hi I'm a little new to turbos so I'm hoping this is an easy fix or a stupid question. I had a turbo kit installed on my eclipse and on the way home I could hear the turbo spool and blow out valve kick going down the interstate but when I went to my friends house a little bit ago I could hear it spool but no turbo was building. It would kick up to 0 vacuum and pressure and just stop. What are some of the causes and how can I fix it?

2. M&M Turbochargers

did you split one of the silicone connectors or is the bov stuck open??

3. 10secgoal

:withu:

4. MrBoxCombo

I put my hand over the bov but nothing happened so I guess that's okay but it's night and I can't see very well but I did hear almost like air escaping from I think one of the silicone connectors but I can't tell. Could that happen at idle and can I just use soapy water and watch for bubbles to check in the morning?

5. M&M Turbochargers

at idle you shouldn't have any boost on your cold side

6. alain

Go over all the connections in your cold side piping. You may be blowing through one of them and won't notice it at idle. Also check the BOV, like has already been said.

7. MrBoxCombo

I just took it for a test run. It starts bucking a little when the load starts building on the engine.

8. Gen1SVE

Plug Gap? Tune?