1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

boost it stock vs boost it built come vote

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by pound4pound, Dec 18, 2014.

1. pound4pound

Ls 6.0 iron block stock vs JE forged piston comp star h beam rod stock crank. I see guys making 700-900 hp with stock bottoms what could the rod and piston upgrade handle.

I ask because I have a good running stock 6.0 but once I'm ready I want to make some steam with this thing and I'm unsure if I should take my bullet apart to upgrade just yet

I already have the rods pistons and a LJMS cam pushrods and springs. Cam is not in yet.... Turbos are twin s366s heavy street heavy track.

Goal was cam and springs shooting for 750-850rwhp stock bottom then throw a short block together and shoot for 1000rwhp or better

money and budget is a factor

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. afterfire

If it were a dime a dozen 4.8/5.3 i'd so go for it stock, its hard to walk around a junkyard without tripping over three of those things.

Being that its the 6.0 block I would be apt to go for the upgraded parts *IF* I could afford to, namely for the blocks sake. You'd hate to punch a rod through the block and eff up a good cam too.

3. Mnlx

I agree, if it were a 5.3, then abuse it, but have seen a few rod failures at less than 750 whp...