1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Cbduke, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Cbduke

Im rebuilding my chevelle, im doing a 9 to 1, 516ci bbc. Im looking at twin turbos. They are borg warner s400sx3-71. 71mm compressor and 83mm turbine and 1.10 ar. I am driving on the street and track. Car weights 3400lbs with driver, powerglide with brake 1.76 and 4.10 gears with 29" tire at the moment. The engine is not fuel injected. I also considered the chinese gt45. Any thought and advice out there.

2. Mnlx

The gt45's would work, but the BW units are a much better turbo in quality, and design.

3. Cbduke

Do you think the bw's are big enough for that displacement.

4. Mnlx

That actually depends more on na hp, and goals. What are your goals, and the rest of the combo?

5. Cbduke

6. Cbduke

I want it to be around 1200hp. It is primarily a street car but i would like it to run low 9s at the track

7. TurboBu

I would use the Borg Warner mapping website to look but a pair of s475s 1.32 have been used on dragweek bbc with less cubes just fine

8. Cbduke

Ill check thanj you