1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Nitrous which brand NX NOS Venom

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by XRQTOR, Mar 16, 2004.

1. XRQTOR

Hey looking to buy a nitrous kit. I like the Nos and Nitrous Express Nossel kits. These are a direct port wet kit right. Now i want to run a max 200hp shot once i get a forged short block and decent fuel system. Both these kits are capable of supplying this power, what i cant find is a nitrous controller that injects nitrous at set RPM points not a time based unit. So 3000RPM 20 shot, 3250RPM 40shot till a full 200 shot is reached. Does anybody know of a unit like this RPM controlled not TIME. I came across the venom 2000 unit which injects a pre set amount of nitrous at given throttle positions, this is what i am after isnt it. But max shot is only 175hp. Feed back on all three companies would be great and if you know of a unit that i am talking about even better

2. LRD VDR

MMMM..well, I hear Venom is nothing but shit!! NOS for me.:)

Shahram

3. 66 AC COBRA

venom = shit

NOS = not very efficient, needs tuning of jets to work right

NX = much better nozzle, better jets, power figures rated at the wheels, not flywheel, usually needs no tuning out of the box unless trying to achieve ultimate power, as in a serious tyoe of money racing

and i think you are mistaken on the direct port thing

the NX kit and NOS kit you are talking about are single nozzle systems that spray in front of the TB then through the intake

directport systems do not like to be run much lower than 200, and 50 is just out of the question, and directport is too much money for only using a 200 shot

4. XRQTOR

5. 66 AC COBRA

ok, u are talking about the newer style NOSzle and the NX NXl system

again NX jets are much better, i do not have any feedback on the NX NXL system yet because i have not seen one in action

i have seen an NOSzle system in action and didnt see any gain on the drag strip over the guys previous single nozzle

200 shot is kind of where the single nozzle vs injector bushing directport become in the grey area

a 150 shot using a directport system is a waste of money, a 250 shot with single nozzle is very very extreme and dangerous if not used with care "fuel puddling"

for a 200 shot max, the newer style direct port kits would be nice but not needed, unless u are running a very long runner intake, i say just get the single nozzle, its less than 1/2 the price of a directport kit, but if u ave the cash to throw around, get the directport kit

6. XRQTOR

im not looking to make obscene amounts of power with it i like it because its a direct port system and seems so simple. I'd rather spend the extra cash on a good system i am pleased with that i know will not harm the engine in anyway like puddling, then to skimp and have to build another shortblock.

7. XRQTOR

8. boss311

how fast?

how fast do you want to go? NX makes a single nozzle wet kit that will spray 300hp using race gas, and more if you use alchohol as the added fuel with the alchohol solenoid, and separate tank and pump. i think i remember them telling me you could could get 400hp with the single nozzle and alchohol, and remember thats to the rear wheels!!!!!!! my dads car went 7 tenths faster with a NX plate than it did with a NOS plate with the same hp level jet settings.

9. XRQTOR

how fast do i want to go well i cant afford to go that fast, but once a forged motor and big fuel system go in as fast as i can on a 200 shot. Then that'll have to do till i can afford to buy a HP turbo kit. Realisticly i'd like to run 10 flat with HP power. But while on the gas ill be happy with watever i get (under 13). I would really prefer to spend the extra money on a Noszel kit or a wet kit as i may one day feel the need to run it again. Oh and the fact it's safer and easier to tune.