1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

boost and high compression?s

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Built/SS, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Built/SS

I have an all forged ls1 that I was going to spray with 300-350 shot of nitrous. I am now thinking about going to a blow through carb set up. Anyone running compression as high as I am? Talk to me about what to look for, what to change, as in cam specs, turbo size waste gate's blow off valves, carb size, ect. The motor made 443rwhp.I would like to be around 800rwhp on boost.

This will be going in a second gen camaro drag car should be 3000lbs

-347ci 11.6:1cr
    -Arp head studs
    -PRC 2.5 5.3 heads
    -Ms3 cam 110º ls
    -ls6 Intake-Ported TB
    -4340 H beam rods
    -Kooks 1 7/8'' Long tubes
    -Tsp true dulls
    -Diamond Forged flat tops with -2cc valve reliefs

2. Rickracer

Switch to E85 and LET IT EAT!!!! :grin: :thumbsup:

3. yellowpony

Yep, ditto. I don't know what your cam specs are, but at that compression I would contact someone familiar with turbo setups and higher compression. They can do a lot in the way of dynamic compression, your static compression doesn't really mean anything. Change the cam, throw in some e85 and let her rip. That is my next setup, a high compression turbo motor. That setup should make you very happy.

4. BlownShovel

As stated
    Cam plays a big part
    E85 if available

Regardless of route you go the compression won't stop you it will just make it more critical that your tune is on and fuel up to the task.