1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A practical example of engine balancing theory

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Drac0nic, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Drac0nic

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I wonder to what weight variance it's accurate to..?

3. Boost Engineer

For what Moldex Crankshaft charges me to spin a crank (if I weigh the parts and calculate the Bob Weight), hard to not stay where I am at vs build a "balance machine".

Cool article though.

Tom V.

4. Drac0nic

I can agree, it's need to see the fundamentals laid bare. A V8 crank is also (IMO at least) significantly more complex than balancing a 4 cylinder crank like the one he has.