1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Build or buy 4v intake

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Bradgoulet, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Bradgoulet

Not many options for aftermarket intakes for the 4.6 4v. I'm switching from a ysi vortech to an 88mm turbo. The hogan intakes are out of my price range at the moment. Debating on building my own. I work in a machine shop so have access to anything I'd ever need. I lack the solid knowledge of what exactly id need to do though. Curious if anyone has the info I'd need? Does anyone make the flanges that actually bolt to my heads? I could start there if I had some flanges. Any info is appreciated and I'm sure will help others also.

2. B E N

Bradgoulet likes this.
  3. XKfab

Sullavin made an good single plane for the 4.6 4v and would make an good turbo intake i would think. A long time ago i used an early 2001est Aviator intake i ported & moded to run on both intake port and it would rpm. Really liked the early 4.6 4v engine except for there lack of bottom end for an daily driver. Still have a few builder early dual port 4.6 & 5.4 4v

Bradgoulet likes this.
  4. Bradgoulet

Everything we machine here is round stock. Ie ... gun barrels. I wouldn't have the time to get that done.

5. Bradgoulet

I have access to mills to shorten runners ect ... anything cnc is a no go tho.

6. KEVINS

Bradgoulet likes this.
  7. Bradgoulet