1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Can a chip work?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Chris Barnes, May 12, 2005.

1. Chris Barnes

My combo consists of the following:

99 Cobra with billet internals.
    Twin 59mm turbo's

I'd love to use an AEM, but the current applications don't cover the late model Cobra's. I could use a universal AEM EMS, but then the dash would not work. Is it possible to achieve 800RWP using the stock ecm and a chip. This is assuming I use an 83lb injector and a resistor pack.

Any insight would greatly appreciated. I'm getting desperate.

2. Disney Lincoln

I would contact Tim at Modular Powerhouse. He has some experiecnce with these cars and the turbo systems. If he cant help you, he can sure steer you in the right direction.

www.modularpowerhouse.com

3. Fords4life351

from my undrestanding the '99, '01 4.6 aluminum cobra blocks shouldnt be taken past 700rwhp, but its advised to stay below 600rwhp, thats what i've heard.
    '96-'98 iron blocks are quite a bit stronger too.