1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo Rotary Ski Boat

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by BoostedDownUnder, Jan 21, 2008.

1. BoostedDownUnder

Thought I would post up this link to a very cool ski boat from Australia. I have personally witnessed this boat racing down the river at over 100mph and words cannot describe how awesome this thing sounds!!! The closest thing I've heard that sounds like this thing is a Champ car! LOL

Check it out here:
    http://www.xtremerotaries.com/main2/Quicksilver.htm

2. racesloth

Now that is cool!!!

3. BoostedDownUnder

Here's a couple of pics I took of it a few years ago :D

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. Chacata

LOL look at the street sign!! LOL :D

5. greazyg

I think I would really have to trust the driver of that boat before I agreed to go skiing behind it!!!

6. GAWnCA

I think that means it a Round-About and you should use caution. You go around and around until you find the street you want and then take your life in your hands to make that exit. :stupid: :bah: :doh:

7. BoostedDownUnder

Yeah that sign means "give way at roundabout".

You guys don't have roundabouts? :huh:

8. GAWnCA

I think there are in some of the bigger cities but with all the idiots we keep getting and being able to get driver's licenses, it's just too dangerous. :eek: :stupid: :bang: Hell they do good to drive in a normal traffic pattern. :D

9. Chacata

Well i was referring to the sign cause it points down exactly to the engine and you know rotary and rotating arrows yo know? Forget it...

Here in my country we have roundabouts just not as dangerous as some i've seen in tv in europe those are crazy. The people here does NOT know how to drive period. Too much new cars and too much new people driving them mix with unreal traffic jams and then let them free in a highway at 3 am and they think they are pro pilots and their car racing cars (they've never had one duh) BUM dead people everywhere every weekend.

oops /off topic.

10. GAWnCA

Is that a single turbo on there?

11. GAWnCA

After seeing this, I may go ahead and build my twin turbo 350 Chevy but then sell it and buy one of these motors to build up. It would make a 16' Witchcraft hull move like a bat out of hell!! This is just too cool. I wonder if they would give me any secrets since I'm in the US and just building a hotrod for pleasure?

12. 91rangerturbo

Yes.

I have seen that video before. That is one sweet boat and it sounds wicked. :2thumbs:

13. GAWnCA

I wonder just how hard it is ti set up a rotary motor to run like that?.

14. xssive99

Crazy aussies. Wish we had some jet boat racing like they have

15. stngh8r

I'm with ya man. I meant what you knew. :D

16. makka

I am pretty sure I saw this boat racing at the southern 80 the other year, if it wasnt it it was similar. the sound was unreal

17. BoostedDownUnder

Yeah I saw it there at the '05 race. Best sounding boat there! :bow: