1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Blowthru Quadrajet

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by kingyeddi, Jun 21, 2004.

1. kingyeddi

I dont see much talk about Quadrajets on here. I've heard theyre not too hard to modify for blow-thru, and theyre CHEAP!! Seems like it would be a good choice for the JY GM guy. But What
    I need to know is what all I would have to modify to make my Qjet blowthru ready??

2. TPC_Carbs

As if they weren't a handle to hold naturally aspirated:D

Yes this modification process is similar to the old carters used on the old Paxton set-ups 25 years ago. It's possible to convert them successfully but I will admit it's time consuming. I did have the chance to convert a carter similar to the way I do Holleys but they will require tuning upon bolt on, as do all applications.

~Ty

3. kingyeddi

So whats the details? What all am I looking at? Got any websites? I remeber seeing a couple Corvairs with blowthru Q jets on the net