1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Bucket List" questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by JohnSpo1, May 19, 2023.

1. JohnSpo1

Now that I am back with "Bucket List" I am seeking direction and advice on a few things I have to complete. Things I have well in hand,
    1. Oil Supply and return
    2. Fuel System
    3. Vacuum Distribution block
    4. Oil can vs exhaust scavenging
    Things that I am fuzzy about,
    1. Supplying vac to the BOV's
    2. Supplying Vac to the WG's
    3. Supplying Pressure to the WG's
    4. Run single or dual Boost gauges and where to get the pressure source? T off of the turbine?
    I know these might be simple and basic questions but I am continuing my google search for proper answers as well without much luck.

2. B E N

Blow off valve vacuum comes from below the throttle plate. BOV needs to see vacuum to know when to open.

Pressure to the wastegate needs to come in from somewhere between the turbo and the throttle plate. You can do it before or after intercooler, there will be some pressure drop through the intercooler so it will effect the way the gate works. They don't need vacuum, they stay closed until they hit a certain pressure.

One boost gauge is fine, pressure in the system will be close enough you won't be able to tell the difference. Put it below the throttle plate, that will allow you to monitor vacuum as well which can be an indicator of overall engine health.

3. tbird

oil system
    4an feed 10an minimum return

fuel system cannot be determined without a hp goal, fuel to be used , and type of boost machine.

4. JohnSpo1

I've got the oil and fuel locked down. Oils is as you mentioned fuel is 12 from tanks to pump, 10 from pomp to Y, 8's to rails and for return.
    I decided on a dist block for the vac source coming from the manifold. this should supply both boost and vac as needed.