1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what a day at the track hot and humid!!

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by nos81bu, Jun 3, 2007.

1. nos81bu

i went to cecil county for the street race..was another very hot day 90+ high heat and humidity... :huh:

i had traction issues all day..peddle fested the car most of the day..never got a clean run ...either tire shaking or smoking the tires once boost came in...my best run was a 9.01@159 with a 130.5 1/8 mile mph...this pass again was with a 1.60 60 foot pedddeling and letting out before the strike being my engine was on the limiter at 8300rpm :bang:

i already know i have way too much gear with the added hp of the intercooler...4.10s with the 30" tire is putting the car at 8500 at the strike wich is way out of the 7500 max rpm....the car scaled at 3585 also

mike,marc,chris evans,were all there ...i will let them say how they did...i know marc went to finals in 8.50 index congrats to him :2thumbs:

2. GMB

It was nice to meet you Paul. Very clean car :2thumbs:. Yea it was a hot day. What was leaking out of the back of the car water?

3. nos81bu

i left the shutoff open on the icetank :bang: thanx

4. nos81bu

what a day at the track hot and humid!!

went to cecil county for the street race..was another very hot day 90+ high heat and humidity...

i had traction issues all day..peddle fested the car most of the day..never got a clean run ...either tire shaking or smoking the tires once boost came in...my best run was a 9.01@159 with a 130.5 1/8 mile mph...this pass again was with a 1.60 60 foot pedddeling and letting out before the strike being my engine was on the limiter at 8300rpm

i already know i have way too much gear with the added hp of the intercooler...4.10s with the 30" tire is putting the car at 8500 at the strike wich is way out of the 7500 max rpm....the car scaled at 3585 also

mike,marc,chris evans,were all there ...i will let them say how they did...i know marc went to tfinals in 8.50 index..congrats marc :2thumbs:

5. Tims86-9.80

Re: what a day at the track hot and humid!!

Any day racing is a good day racing.

6. BlownChevyII

Was definetly hot!!! Had a good time though. Good seeing you guys again. My best pass of the day was a 8.73@156. Car spun the tires a bit just before the 1-2 shift and a little in 2cnd. Was definetly a tricky track to get down. Left lane at the 1/8 mile was a bit slick.

Mark that makes 2 I owe you!! :eek:

7. mrhockey

Actually I went to the semis after beating a certain blowthru fellow Chevy II driver. Sorry Mike. I lost in the semis to John Razzler the guy who just won pinks up here. He is deadly in the 8.50 index and it was my first try. My best was an 8.69 at 159.85 with a 1.38 60'. I was off the nitrous switch for exactly 1 second just after the 1/8 mile on that pass trying to get it off the wall and then was back in it. We all had traction problems. My loss to Razz blew the tires off when the second stage came on .7 seconds into the run and that was all she wrote. Wait till it cools off and everyone gets it figured out. I know we are all still in the testing stages. Well...........I am always in the testing stage.

8. Corpquad

You were smokin' those tires like an outlaw yesterday. It's a shame those blowthoughs don't work very well, huh! ;)

9. 66strokednova

Wow,

sounds like you guys had a good day. marc, mike, and paul you guys are making some serious power, nice mph.. :2thumbs:

seems like you guys all had traction issues. >:(

10. mrhockey

When are you going to come out and play?

11. nos81bu

well i did an inspection on my engine and all looks great getting her up to 8300rpm..the lm1 showed the afr stayed dead consistent through the entire rpm... :2thumbs:..thanx csu carbs

i also found the culprit to my traction issues today..i had no pinion angle it was actually 3 degrees up instead of down..theres my answer Y it tire shakes all the time and Y changes i did didnt make no difference :bang:

12. 66strokednova

Well i am still in painting stages i will have car out late season.

Craig should be out testing next week.

13. mrhockey

Maple Grove has the North East Pro Street Shootout on Saturday. Tell him to bring it up and don't forget the grill.

14. wazslow

She's definatly making a ton of power Paul! Look forward to seeing it make a full pass. Throw some 3.73's in that thing, all that torque and 4.10's aint helping traction either :chacha: