1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo/diy questions

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Mikes001GT, May 7, 2007.

1. Mikes001GT

Hey i have a 01GT mustang and a set of 57mm turbos straight from a hp turbo kit because they were fairly priced. I now am starting a diy kit for my car, i was just wondering how much boost/hp can theese turbos make?? Also I have a fully built nitrous motor that has comp 278 cams and im told that theese are going to make me loose alot of power i want to keep a halfway aggressive cam is there any stage 3 turbo cams for my car???And lastly just wondering do most big hp cars use a single turbo setup and why whats the best to use??Thanks all replys appreciated

2. ltd351

you don't want a cam with big overlap as it bleeds out the boost pressure, generally turbo cams favour the intake slightly, and have a wide LSA, around 112-115, with duration for most street setups about 220-240@50.

twins or single doesn't really matter, its more personal prefference, and packaging/space constraints.

stage 3 means absolutely nothing, its like saying you have a 3/4 race cam, it doesn't mean shit.

the twin 57mm's would make a fair ammount of power, just use them, and see how you go, you won't be dissapointed.

3. Mikes001GT

Hey thanks for the reply it helps alot i have a couple questions that are kinda dumb but where is the best place to mount BOVs on a twin kit and is there any reason to keep my nitrous setup on my car or is it kinda usless supposing the turbos will make plenty power i was hoping to net 750-800hp....THANKS AGAIN

4. ltd351

you could leave it on there, it will help spool up if that is slow, and will make great power as the N20 cools the intake charge significantly, but you probably wont need it.

BOV doesn't matter much, as long as it vents the pressure from both turbo's, if you have a cooler with single out just put it anywhere on the feed pipe to the t/b.