1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Blow thrus dont work......

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by t.bourns, Nov 18, 2009.

1. t.bourns

unless you call an 8.56 @161 running decent! Went to NMCA race in Houston and went 8.61& 8.56 on friday and saturday and then on the 42 cruise i broke the dist. gear. Oh well, there is always the next race......

2. botietr

Hel yeah,,congrats on the times.sucks to have that happen..had that happen to me at a FFW event.made the 30 mile ride,starter took a poop 2 round.

3. CyanJaguar

not trying to piss on anyones parade, especially since I dont know the whole story on the "blowthrus dont work" saga,

but posting up a time as evidence that blowthrus work is like someone posting an 8.56 with a dominator carb on a 302 and saying dominators work.

my humble opinion

4. Brent Davis

Great stuff Tony. :2thumbs: What broke in the distributor?

5. jim wingo

just think once we fig out how to make them work, lol
    def cool, bummer on the cruise

6. danbrown

The "blowthrus don't work" thing came from carb builders/manufactures. A few years ago if you asked them about blowthru they was very quick to tell you it wouldn't work at all or only with very low boost. A lot of those same companies offer blowthru carbs today.

It's basically a running joke on this site.

7. jim wingo

funny thing is, they have been around since the 50's-of course, a lot of other stuff has also and we are just getting caught up to it now
    Studebaker, Ford had them-Ford came out with one in 57, Nascar imead. made them illegal
    of course, theres still people that know they dont work, so we gotta keep at it, lol

8. t.bourns

Well, Ive always been told that everybody has an opinion just like everybody has an asshole, and they ususlly stink.

Hey Brent, long time!! This was actually in my dads car, which has all my old turbo stuff in it with an air/air intercooler. The gear was a steel gear instead of a bronze. It was in the car for at least 5 years. Oops!!

9. CyanJaguar

wow, thats imagninative. I havent heard that one before.

10. t.bourns

STFU, everyone on this board knew what I was talking about.....

11. Brent Davis

LMAO. You good to go Tony. (Most) of us knew exactly what you were talking about :doh: :doh:.

12. BlownShovel

LOL

X2
    Most of us here cut our teeth on the "blowthru's Don't work" statement

13. t.bourns

well thank you, thank you :D