1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

blow thru turbo ls 5.3 sbc jetboat project

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by IMPATIENT 1, Nov 21, 2009.

1. IMPATIENT 1

well , i'm well into my turbo boat built. i've bought a 16.5ft super lite(300lb) tunnel hull jetboat to put my single blow thru 5.3 motor set-up into :2thumbs: :chacha: i'll post pics from work when i get a chance. built a 9.5 to 1 5.3l ls sbc, put on a quickfuel 750 blow thru carb, csu hat, 76mm garrett turbo with a .96ar exhaust, gto headers flipped and y-d to a t6 collector. big air to water ic goin on with a 15 methanol nozzle cooling boost even more after the air to water ic :2thumbs: should make some pretty good power and really shove the hell outta a 300lb hull :D i'll try to get some pics up soon.

using a 60mm wastegate to control boost, 50 mm blow off valve. lake water temp goin thru the ic will be from 50*-80* depending on the time of yr i'm using the boat.using the methanol to really drop the iat's down some more and to get the most outta this thing on pumpgas. will have a 7gal fuel tank, 1 gal methanol tank.i converted the 24x motor into a 58/4x motor with a 58tooth reluctor on the crank, 4x cam gear up frt read by frt mounted cam sensor, should have veryyy accurate spark timing :2thumbs: using a msd 6012 programmable ignition system and a dynoflow a/f system that'll keep an eye on the air fuel/be the on dash tach/display iat/plus datalog it all, the msd system will datalog boost/timing/rpms as well.

2. IMPATIENT 1

3. IMPATIENT 1

4. IMPATIENT 1

let me know guys if these pics i'm posting don't work, i can see em on my end, but sometimes it doesn't work the other way round :bang:

5. IMPATIENT 1

maybe these will work :bang:

red turbo 5.3.jpg #ad

turbo tunnel hull.jpg #ad

6. IMPATIENT 1

7. IMPATIENT 1

8. slow67

It should fly (not literally)..... :D

9. IMPATIENT 1

tonite i'm starting bottom work on the hull :2thumbs: :chacha: soon as that's done i can put the boat back on the trailer and get the inside of it painted, start sitting the motor into it :cheers: my twin 10yr old boys got on the back of the boat, i got on the frt and we just lifted the boat off the trailer while my daughter dragged the trailer out from under us, the boat is liteeeeeeee :D if the motor makes over 800 as it should, the set-up should push the boat well over 110. the heavy ass bbf that was in it at 1 time pushed it above 115 in the 1000ft, and it weighed more/had less hp back then :2thumbs: i'm lightening it up , giving it mo powerrrrr

10. slow67

When does the AIS kit come in?

11. IMPATIENT 1

wednesday :2thumbs: i hope it works as well as its supposed too, i'm putting alot of faith into it and not running a intercooler at all now. this motor is not gonna have lag! charge pipe from the turbo to the hat is gonna be less than a 1ft long :chacha: straight outta the 3.5 outlet turb, thru a straight thick 3.5 alum pipe into the 3.5 inlet on the hat :2thumbs: flow like a muthaaaaaaa :D

12. Tims86-9.80

I must say you are crazy!

13. slow67

Updates?

14. m3-dude

Whats some details on the driveline? Just curious how you are hooking the 5.3 up the pump.

15. 65stang

oh wow. that should be a hand full.

16. slow67

PTO adapter from Kodiak marine (I'm doing the same) and a standard 1310 driveline.