1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

blow thru 460 ford maverick s475

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by turbojosh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. turbojosh

Ok I went to the track for the first time with my car it is a 460 with edelbrock performer intake carb shop blow thru carb 900cfm summit racing hyd. Flat cam. 503 lift 276/286 dur. 114lsa stock valve d3ve heads I ported s475 74mm exh. Wheel 1.1 a/r air to air ic c6 with cheap 3500 stall with baloon plates stock 8 inch rear 300 gear mini spool 26x9.5 14 slicks mallory hyfire 6 box all stock rear suspension including stock shocks mustang2 frontend with big block nova springs with 2 coils cut cheapest autozone stock shocks. It ran 7.30@100 with 1.75 60ft with 2900 footbrake launch off 2step 2psi on launch 15 psi down. The tracm 10psi in tires 36deg total timing pulling 1.4 per # so 15deg at full boost shifting at 5000 rpm I may have missed a detail about the setup just ask. I was wondering what you guys would change to get it to run faster a/f was in the 12s on top end and fat down low I need to look at the datalog. All was done on 92 octane will put up some videos soon but it will have. To wait had my third child today little girl healthy and 7#S

2. turbojosh

Oh and that is 1/8th mile of corse at i40 dragway in crossville tn not sure of elevation but it is pretty high up from were I live tried 15 psi In tires and it blew them off also tried 3100 rpm launch and the brakes wouldn't hold it I am afraid that I am maxing out that turbo at 16 psi becouse it is rated at 1050hp and I sjould be makeing close to that number in flywheel torque but I don't k.ow if that will max it out the same as hp thanks guys for any input if yoh want to see videos of my setup search jtdandnme on you tube I will try to get a video of the new runs tomorrow when we get home from hospital

3. Mnlx

That is a very restrictive turbine for that many cid even at 5000 rpm. Have you checked pre turbine exh pressure?
    Congrats on the new addition to the family.

4. turbojosh

No I have not but I can check that the car feals like it is slipping thru the trans or converter it will start turning over the tirez on the line at 3100 but after I launchit goes right to 5000 and stays there the whole way down the track when I shift thd rpm don't seem to drop or load the engine much it takes 480 rwhp to run 100mph in the 1/8th and it should be putting down way more than that even at 30% Loss at 15psi it shouuld put down. 550rwhp I don't know it was a 300 dollar dacco converter it b might not handle the torque

5. Mnlx

Yep, sounds like you have converter issues........ try one of the online slippage calculators, and figure your slippage.

6. turbojosh

I did a slip calculator and it said 30% I don't know my exact rpm but I know it wwas more than 5000 and my revlimter is 5800 so I put in 5500 what differce is there to converters to make them hold the power but still stall up

7. Mnlx

I'm not sure exactly whats different......... but seems like you get what you pay for. I know PTC builds a decent converter for about $450, but some making about your power need to step up to the $900 version to get the slippage where they want it.