1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Modular Head/Block??

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Mikes001GT, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Mikes001GT

I have a quick question basically asking if any modular 2v Pi or Npi, 3v, and 4v head will fit any Modular block without any modification to the block or the head. Ive always been under the impression this was true but ran into an article on NPI to PI head swaps and it stated that somtimes the oil feed on the bottom of the head needs to be modified to match the oil hole at the top of the block, dont really make sense and ive never heard of this so I had to ask!!! Please let me know Thanks!!!

2. Turbo Terror

i believe its just the gasket that sometimes needs modified, i have never had an issue when ordering the correct gasket though im sure someone else will confirm this

3. 99TTGT

I never had this issue USSING THE 96/04 STUFF with the new OEM revise version 03/04 cobra head gaskets with the extra water jacket on the driver side head...

4. Mikes001GT

Thanks for the replies, I really wasnt sure myself....if I could find what I was reading I would posted it up but im having a hard time finding it again :doh: I just did a NPI to PI swap last week and started getting scared after what I was reading :eek: All seems good tho

5. 99TTGT

no problem

I had that issue with some early block's
    like the 93/95 crown Vic's......... :doh: